Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to Full Load

Thursday May 28, 2009

My right shoulder was a still a little sore going into this session but it proved to be no trouble. This was an immense improvement over Tuesday night where even the bar felt very heavy. No PRs .. just a solid session with a focus on technique.

Evening Olympic lifting session:

Z-Health Neural Warmup Level II Dynamic Joint Mobility

Snatch (kg):
20 x 5 x 5 OHS, hang-snatch, snatch-balance, snatch
32 x 3 x 4 snatch,snatch-balance
40 x 1 x 6 snatch, snatch-balance
45 x 1 x 4 snatch
50 x 1 x 3 snatch
50 x 1 x 2 snatch
55 x 1 x 2 snatch 1 miss
57 x 1 x 1 snatch

Clean & Jerk (kg):
40 x 1 x 3
50 x 1 x 3
60 x 1 x 2
65 x 1 x 2
72 x 5 x 2 (80%)

Clean Pulls (kg):
90 x 1 x 2
95 x 5 x 2

Front Squat (kg):
70 x 1 x 2
80 x 1 x 2
90 x 5 x 2 (90%)

I hit a larger percentage of decent squat snatches tonight than usual. I am working hard to keep over the bar. I still have a tendency to pull too early .. when I'm patient the bar usually flies up. I'm not concerned that my heaviest snatch was still 9kg from my PR at Myles-Ahead.

The c&j work sets were very demanding and the second jerk of each sets double was not as crisp as the first. However, I was pleased that my shoulder didn't complain.

For the clean pulls, I was able to keep my back angle constant coming off the floor but the pulls never felt strong. Coach Reno noticed I was pulling backward with my arms and he worked with me to jump straight up. I am going to do some pulls off the high blocks in basement gym to get back the feel of these.

Finally, the five sets of front squat doubles with 90kg where very deep and in good form .. several of the coaches and lifters commented that they looked very good. Coach Fuller believes once I can work up to fives sets of doubles with 100kg I will be cleaning that and a few kilos more .. I believe him.

No comments: