Monday, October 20, 2008

Starting Week 6




Weight: 180 1/2 lbs

This is start of my sixth week of a twelve week training cycle. This is the first time I have set out and planned an extended cycle together with back-off weeks. Thus far I am:
  • enjoying my training sessions
  • making steady measurable progress.
Last night was one of those great nights that yielded PRs for:
  • Single MaxVO2 session
  • MaxVO2 volume
  • Single day training volume (29k+ lbs),
Considering the volume I am feeling decent this morning. Normally 320 24kg snatches would leave me with very sore AC shoulder joints .. this morning just a little stiffness .. Z should help take care of that.

Morning standard routine:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)

Back & Ab Complex: 1 set
A1:BW x 1 x 10 Heavy blue band Goodmorning
A2: BW x 1 x 10 Ab wheel on the knee rollouts, 5 sec hold and rollback

(BW + 15 lbs) x 2 x 10 Reverse Hyper on home-brew setup

Back & Ab Complex: 1 set
A1:BW x 1 x 10 Heavy blue band Goodmorning
A2: BW x 1 x 10 Ab wheel on the knee rollouts, 5 sec hold and rollback

Elbow complex: 3 sets
A1: 1 x 4 reverse wrist curl with 10 lb shot-put
A2: 1 x 5 wrist curl with 10 lb shot-put

That's it for today. The effects of Yesterday's heavy volume hit me around 4pm when I realized I was very tired and needed to rest for the remainder of the day.

It turns out that there is another TSC out there, namely the Tractor Supply Company. Its a nationwide franchise I discovered on one of the lifting forums. I picked up two 4'x6', 3/4" thick stall mats to replace the interlocking 3/4" rubber flooring I purchased from Sports Authority(it's already torn in several places). The stall mats, at least sixty pounds a piece, are indestructible in comparison and gave me much more solid footing.

3 comments:

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Franklin, You've changed. You look very content as a rabbit in the sun though. Or maybe that is you with roots. Just read Neil Gaiman's short story "October in the Chair." It's cool, all the months appear in the story

Martin Schap said...

Tractor Supply Co. is a great place to shop. I think my stall mats weigh in at about 90lbs, but yours may be different. They are a bear to move aren't they?

Franklin said...

katie,

Good one! I glad you enjoyed my fall bunny!

martin,

I am sure you are correct as I was just guessing .. those suckers felt a lot closer to 100lbs! Great workout just getting them out of my car and into my dungeon .. farmers walks all set for the week now!