Friday, April 12, 2013

Kettlebell Clean and Two-hand Swing Combo

Of late I have changed things up a bit by re-introducing cleans into my weekly sessions. The basic combo is a fixed number of cleans with the right, a one had swing transfer, then the same number of cleans with the left. Then wait to the top the next minute and do two-hand swings with the same weight and repeat back at the top of the next minute starting with the cleans.

Today is the 2nd time this week I did this with a 40kg bell. In this case its was 3 cleans right/3 clean left. The next minute is 15 two-hand swings. This two minute combo comprises one set. Today I did 10 sets followed by 1 minute rest, another set, another 1 minute rest and another set for a total of 12 sets in 26 minutes.

For finisher I did two sets of 30 two-hand swings with the 32kg bell with a two minute rest between them. I was completely toasted after this session. 

No comments: