Saturday, February 14, 2009

Final Session before Meet

Thursday Feb 12, 2009

Knowing this was the last session before the meet, I knew not to get too aggressive and stayed in the confines of the template.

Evening Olympic Lifting Session:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)

Snatch (kg)
20 x 2 x 5 Snatch Balance
20 x 1 x 5 Snatch
20 x 1 x 5 Hang Snatch
20 x 1 x 10 OH Squat
32 x 2 x 4 Snatch + 3xSnatch Balance
32 x 1 x 2 Snatch
37 x 1 x 6 Snatch + 3xSnatch Balance + 2xHang Snatch
40 x 4 x 2 Snatch + Snatch Balance
45 x 1 x 2 Snatch
47 x 1 x 2 Snatch

Clean and Jerk (kg)
40 x 1 x 3
50 x 1 x 2
55 x 1 x 2
60 x 4 x 2

On the snatches, I went back to pulling off my toes until corrected. My last set of double were very solid and stopped while I was ahead. As for the C&J, if my catch is a little off, my jerk suffers. Again I ended on good form. Two days of rest and then the competition.

Volume: 5200 lbs

=============================================================
===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition:

Goal: 182 lbs by April 2009

Current: 183 lbs

Saturday 14, 2009

No details for the last three days other than to say I have continued with my plan of eating clean. Last night I had I went out and had a large steak dinner with a garden salad, steamed veggies, glass of wine, roasted peanuts and small piece of French bread.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

You will do fine tomorrow. You've done everything right, now just relax and allow yourself to make your lifts. Session looked good. Nice and light, and a good confidence builder/form reinforcer before your big day. I'll be eager to hear your impressions.

Martin Schap said...

Eager to hear how the meet went!