Thursday, February 19, 2009

Working squat snatch technique

Thursday February 19, 2009

I was really looking forward to my session this evening having felt very well rested. Knowing that it would be snatch based really psyched me up .. I have been making incremental progress and am really starting to enjoy the feeling of this lift when executed properly.

Evening Olympic Lifting Session:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)


20 x 2 x 5 Hang Snatch
20 x 1 x 5 OH Squat
20 x 1 x 5 OH Squat narrowing the grip each rep until arms are directly over shoulders
20 x 1 x 5 Sleeper Stretch Snatch Balance
20 x 1 x 5 Hang Snatch
40 x 1 x 4 Snatch
40 x 1 x 3 2xHang Snatch + Snatch
40 x 1 x 5 High-hand Snatch + Hang Snatch + 3xSnatch
45 x 1 x 2 Hang Snatch + Snatch
45 x 1 x 2 High-Hang Snatch + Snatch
50 x 1 x 5 Hang Snatch + Snatch + High-Hang Snatch + 2xSnatch
55 x 1 x 1 Snatch
50 x 1 x 1 Snatch (Best form ever .. caught right ATG completely comfortable)
60 x 1 x 1 Snatch PR
40 x 1 x 5 High-Hang Snatch + 4xSnatch
40 x 2 x 3 Hang Snatch + 2xSnatch
40 x 1 x 2 Hang Snatch + Snatch

Russian Strength Routine for Front Squat (lb)
135 x 1 x 3
155 x 1 x 3
175 x 1 x 3
195 x 3 x 3 (95%) PR

A great evening as Coach Yasha Kahn spent a long time working with me to get under the squat snatch with speed. I squat snatched everything whether hang, high-hang or from the floor. Towards the end I was catching them right at the bottom of the squat and it started to feel comfortable. When I asked if I could attempt a squat snatch with 60kg, he made first me drop down to 50kg to get my form crisp. The 60kg although not as smooth as the 50kg was a solid full squat snatch for a hard earned PR.

I really had to work extremely hard for my 3x3(95%) front squats and barely made the last rep of the last set. Next week is 2x2(100%) which if successful I should in theory have a new 1RM at 105% of where I started.


Total Volume: 7940 lbs

=============================================================
===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition:

Goal: 182 lbs by April 2009

Thursday February 19, 2009

Current: 181 1/2 lbs

I have remained 100% compliant for almost three weeks now. I am below my goal and eating well. Its gotten to the point where I don't even crave chocolate, donuts, ice cream and cake and other starchy sweet carbs.

1 comment:

Colin said...

100% compliance for 3 weeks is as good an acheivement as any. I allow myself weekends for the odd treat but like you've found many times I just don't want them. You know that they'll make you feel worse and they just aren't worth it.