Thursday, November 6, 2008

Honing in on the Power Snatch

Morning:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)

Back & Ab Complex: 1 set
A1:BW x 1 x 10 Heavy blue band Goodmorning
A2: BW x 1 x 5 Ab wheel on the knee rollouts, 5 sec hold and rollback

(BW + 15 lbs) x 1 x 10 Reverse Hyper on home-brew setup

Elbow complex: 2 sets
A1: 1 x 4 reverse wrist curl with 10 lb shot-put
A2: 1 x 5 wrist curl with 10 lb shot-put

A1:BW x 1 x 10 Heavy blue band Goodmorning

Normally I would do two sets of 10 Ab Wheel rollouts but these seem to bother my shoulder. As a result I stuck to one set of 5. The Reverse Hypers were very tough today so I limited myself to a single set.

Evening:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)

Oly lifts (kg)

40 x 2 x 5 Power Snatch
45 x 2 x 3 Power Snatch
50 x 1 x 3 Power Snatch
45 x 10 x 3 Power Snatch
53 x 5 x 5 Snatch Pull
55 x 5 x 5 Romanian Deadlift (RDL)

I got to the club early to go through my Z-Health again. Given that I can double snatch the 24s for sets of 5, the 45 feels pretty light. To my surprise, my only set with the 50 didn't go well as I jumped way to wide to get underneath instead of jumping with more force. As a result, Coach Fuller had me drop back down to sets with the 45. By the end of my last power snatch, my form was getting consistent and the weight was moving with much greater ease.

No comments: