Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some down time and then back up again

This is a summary post for the past eleven days, most of which were forced downtime for the first ten days. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to resume my Oly lifts.

Sunday October 26, 2008


Very sore right peck and shoulder. Pain when reaching my right arm over to the left and overhead. This goes back all the way two and half weeks to Sunday October 19. I did way too much volume. I can remember how I felt discomfort on my right side during the last two sets of 32kg one hand swings .. 40 sets of 24kg MaxVO2 was more than enough .. I didn't need another 5 tons of heavy swings on top of it. The problem I have to deal with is when I'm feeling so jacked after a MaxVO2 that I need to learn to chill out instead of working myself into a few weeks of forced downtime.

Monday October 27, 2008

Still sore .. taking it very easy today.

Tuesday October 28, 2008

Testing the waters with some deads.

Deadlift (lbs)
230 x 1 x 5 Conventional plus 38lbs chain
210 x 1 x 5 Sumo plus 38lbs chain

The deads felt strong however I did feel some discomfort on my right peck. As the day wore on, the right side of my neck, right peck and right shoulder got very sore.

Wednesday October 29, 2008

My right shoulder and peck still very achy. I had a client tonight and only did some presses, push presses and jerks on my left side.

24kg x 1 5-rung MP ladder left side
32kg x 1 x 5 Push press left side
32kg x 1 x 5 Jerk left side

Thursday October 30, 2008

Again woke up sore. I will test my left later in the day.

32kg x 5 x 5 Push Press Left-only

I thought I would see how only lifting on my left effected my right side. I did feel a little discomfort so I will have to see how I feel in the morning.

Friday October 31, 2008
Saturday November 1, 2008
Sunday November 2, 2008
Monday November 3, 2008
Tuesday November 4, 2008

Still sore so lots of rest. I even skipped two days of Z-Health

Wednesday November 5

Congratulations to our newly elected President Barack Obama. A win-win situation as far as I was concerned as I really liked both candidates. Felt pretty good this morning. I will try a moderate session this evening.

Evening:

Z-Health: Neural Warm-up Level 2 (Dynamic Joint Mobility Drills)

Double 24kg x 2 x 10 Swings
32kg x 1 x 20 Two-hand swings
32kg x 1 x 5/5 One-hand swings
24kg x 1 x 5,10,15,20,25 Two hand swings

24kg MaxVO2 @ :15/:15, 8reps/set: 4 sets

16kg x 1 5-rung seated press ladder both sides
24kg x 1 2-rung seated press ladder both sides
16kg x 1 5-rung seated press ladder both sides

This was my first session in awhile. I can't believe how smoked I was after a lousy 4 sets of MaxVO2. Not too concerned as I know I can recover my strength-endurance pretty quickly. I was with a client when I did the seated presses. His knee was bothering him from a tweak he obtained during some intramural hockey so this a great grind that doesn't require any knee flexion at all. I forgot how tough these were.

No comments: