Monday, March 23, 2009

Revisiting the Max VO2 Kettlebell Snatch Protocol

Monday, March 23, 2009

It had been over two weeks since my last kettlebell session. Only Max showed up today .. I will try to re-arrange things so that Nick can start coming again and work around his new class schedule.

The last time I did Max V02 Kettlebell snatching was back in October. Today I introduced Max to it and he absolutely loved it. He used the 24kg bell with 6 reps per arm for a sessions of 12,8 and 4 sets respectively for a total of 144 snatches .. excellent work for his first time.

Early afternoon Kettlebell session:

32kg x 1 x 1/1 TGU
32kg x 1 x 2/2 TGU

Double 24kg x 5 x 10 Two-hand swings at the top of minute each set

24kg MaxVo2 Snatch 15 secs work, 15 secs rest @ 8 reps per set:
Total: 8 sets, 6 sets and 6 sets for a total of 20 sets or 160 snatches

As difficult as this was for me, my cadence was solid. However, I've lost the work capacity I used to have when I could do 24 sets in one session and follow that with two more smaller ones to total 40 sets or 320 snatches. Since I'm no longer competing in the Tactical Strength Challenge I would be very pleased if I could work up to 30 sets over three sessions.


Total Volume: 14150 lbs

============================================================
==================================================================

Diet and Nutrition:

Goal: 182 lbs by April 2009


Monday March 23, 2009

Current: 183 lbs

I'm pleased that my appetite has returned to normal and that I've dropped a pound and a half. This may be short-lived as I'll be doing heavy volume squatting for next few weeks so I expect appetite and hence my weight to go up again.

No comments: