Monday, August 4, 2008

Another shot at the faster 24kg VO2Max

Weight: 177 lbs, BF%: 14.5
Sleep: Moderately restful

Morning:

Z-Health: NWU-2

24kg VO2Max Snatch: :15/:15, 6reps/set
Total: 40 sets for 240 reps in 20 mins

32kg x 4 x 2/2 TGU
32kg x 1 x 3l/1r TGU

At the twentieth set of VO2Max I realized it was not going to be any easier than my last session. Nonetheless when I completed my thirty-fourth set, my previous maximum, I made myself do an additional six sets. It took the greatest will power to keep walking around my basement to catch my breath and not collapse on the floor. I have no idea how to project what my TSC numbers other than better than the 77 reps I did before the Cert.

Late Afternoon:

BW+24kg x 1 x 1 Neutral Grip Pull-up
BW x 1 x 10 Neutral Grip Pull-up

Matt, one of my co-worker is over 240 lbs and did 4 beautiful neutral grip pull-ups almost to his chest .. a very strong dude. I gave him an introductory kettlebell training session a few weeks ago but he has not demonstrated any interest in following up. Too bad as it would be really fun to seen his progress sky-rocket.

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Again taking no prisoners. Must feel good about yourself after gutting out those six more sets. You will do well for yourself in the TSC. I predict that your brutal sessions latley will give you the courage and the drive to blow your goal numbers out of the water on the day of the comp when the adrenaline is flowing.

Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

Nice Franklin way to dig deep!

See you Friday!

Franklin said...

Martin,

I appreciate the support! I feel much better now that I don't remember how tough it was! Its not only the extra sets I'm happy with .. I'm not feeling run down the next as when I first began 24kg VO2Max.

Sean,

Thanks, sir, its nasty but a good nasty .. and it will be great to see on Friday!