Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Reflecting on the TSC results

Weight: 180 lbs

The totally organic anti-inflammatory, Zylamend, that Jordan Vezina, RKC, recommend arrived today. Two of the main ingredients, tumeric and ginger I have been already using each morning in my Indian Ayurvedic Kitchari congee.

Late Afternoon:

Z-Health: Neural Warmup Level 2

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
Double 24kg x 1 x 3 Military Press
Double 24kg x 1 x 2 Jerk

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
24kg x 1 x 4/5 Military Press

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
Double 24kg x 1 x 5 Front Squat

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
Double 24kg x 1 x 5 Front Squat

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
Double 24kg x 1 x 5 Front Squat

Double 24kg x 1 x 10 Swings
Double 24kg x 1 x 5 Front Squat

Double 24kg x 4 x 10 Swings

Today was my easy pressing day, only 8 reps per arm. I was very satisfied with the four sets of double front squats as each rep was done:
  • very slowly and deliberatly
  • 2 second pause in the hole
  • toes were pointed directly ahead
  • my knees tracked just a little outside my ankles
  • elbows straight down with the exterior forearms almost touching each other
I wore a pair of tennis shorts and split them in the crotch area during the sets of double swings. Fortuanatley, I had brought another pair shorts better suited for wide stance swinging and squatting.

More results were posted in the TSC although my snatch numbers put in 2nd place out of 6, my pull-ups were last and Dead-lift next to last so that my totals put my in a tie for last place. Once the elbow heals I'm sure I can get these over to eleven or twelve. The Dead-lift is going to be my achelles heel in the TSC as even with an additional thirty pounds to get to a three wheel lift (315) it still would not have changed my placement. To be competitive in the dead-lift I will need a 4 wheel pull (405). This is probably a several year project but I'm up for it. I do believe I'm on the right track with a large dose of heavy swinging and front squats.

3 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

You will get there! The road will have lots of ups and downs, but 315 is not far away.

When you see your friendly neighborhood Z trainer, have them do a PREP test and then ask about eye motions to facilitate lifting. Even a 5% improvement on a DL is big.

Rock on
Mike N

Gabi said...

Even if it took me, again, ages to catch up, congrats, Franklin, great job!

Franklin said...

mike,

Yup gotta plan, now its on to execute it, and stay with at least 12 weeks and then measure progress.

Even if I only gain a modest 20 lbs a year, in 5 years I will be at 2xBW.

gabi,

Thanks! The more I dwell on it, the better I feel about it.