Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some Post B-day PRs

Wednesday September 10, 2008
Weight: 181 lbs

My S.O. cooked me a birthday feast last night and I devoured everything in sight. Why I didn't weigh over 200 lbs is a surprise considering how much I gorged myself.

This was supposed to be an easy day. Although the total volume was quite low, the intensity of each lift was high.

28kg x 2 x 1 MP left (PR)
40kg x 1 x 1 Jerk left (PR)
40kg x 1 x 1 TGU left (PR)
32kg x 1 x 10/10 Snatch (PR)
32kg x 1 x 3 MP right (PR)
24kg x 1 x 8/8 Snatch

Today I visited Andy Bender, RKC. Andy, who is now training for the next RKC II, introduced me to KB training and assisted me in making rapid gains. He was instrumental in showing me how KB training could re-hab my left shoulder using Z-Health and TGUs. For all of this I will always be grateful to him.

We hadn't seen each other since swapping books and DVDS back in June. Todya we exchanged a lot of training information. He showed me and let me try his 30 ft AOS Ropes-gone-wild rope .. I got an immediate burn only after a minute of various types of two-hand rope swinging. He loves these as new clients can leave with a good low-tech workout whereas even a KB swing can be very difficult for a deconditioned client. He also demonstrated AOS bandit loops which provide another great way to do various combos of push-ups, lunges, jack-knifes, etc.

He was very interested in my work with the new TGU, MaxVO2 both of which he is going to introduce to his own training sessions. As for the CK-FMS, when I offered to screen him he declined as had actually already been to FMS workshop with Greg Cook a few years back.

Andy has a much larger assortment of KBs, including 28kg and 40kg that I don't see ever. While I was there, I knocked off five PRs, the first three with my weak left side. The two single MPs with the 28kg on my left was pleasing. Even Andy, who reminded me that I struggled with a few troublesome singles on my left with the 16kg just fifteen months ago, agreed that this was great progress. The ten snatches each side with the 32kg also felt very good.

Following through with my training plan, the next two days will be strictly Z-Health. Afterall, this Saturday is a big day .. my first TSC!

No comments: