Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Colin of the UK wins our LCCJ race. Congratulations Colin!

Tuesday May 13, 2008:

Too much blogging last night, went to bed 1am got up a 4am with my right elbow sore. Did some Z circles and was able to get back to sleep and got up at 7:30 with my elbow feeling fine. I never used to be able to get back to sleep after getting up but I think this is due to the ZMA. Weight: 176.5 lbs. Up a 1/2 .. nothing to worry about.

First, my sincerest congratulations to Colin of the UK for first reaching 100 24kg one arm LCCJ in 10 minutes .. for those of you who don't think this is too tough I urge you to give it a shot! It has really humbled me so far. In another day's rest or so I will try another attempt to close in on it.

Qigong: Bear and Tiger Frolic
Day 4

While waiting at Gold's gym for Z-consult, I tried testing my TSC-approved tactical pronated pull-ups:

BW x 1 x 5

Glad to see a PR here as I have only trained neutral grip. The drop off from 7RM to 5RM from neutral to tactical is expected and well within reason.

I actually did these at work and it really energized me. At around 3pm I had my second Z-consult with 4th-Level Z-Trainer Luis Hernandez and we really worked R-Phase in greater detail. Luis BTW, who walks the talk, is 5'6", 155 lbs of sculpted muscle and does MMA .. I'm very glad I'm his client and his not opponent! I told him about my recent foray into Qigong and he said it is an excellent complement to the Z-drills. As we got deeper into the movements, I have learned today that with years of practicing perfect reps I will gain the ability to isolate and open any vertebrae or joint in my body. We again worked a lot of C6 isolation from various neck drills. He also tuned my elbow circles movements. I also finally learned how to isolate the inner toe pull.

Z-Health R-Phase

After dinner I re-read some of ETK and realized EVERYTHING regarding creating a safe optimal training program is all in there. When the elbows finally heal I want to return to ROP (Right of Passage) to work up to 200 SSST 24kg snatches in 10 mins and a bulldog press with each arm.

With the AKC Fitness Cert coming I re-watched some youtube videos and just cannot get my mind around the type of strength that GS freaks like Marty Farrel,RKC,AKC, possess (155 lb weight class and jerks double 32s in the 60+ reps in 10 mins). That seems absurdly strong for that weight. It took me almost 8 months to just clean those buggers and when I tried to jerk them they just stayed embedded in both my shoulders.

===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato and green gram curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates

Morning Snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted peanuts

Lunch:
1 small helping of Green gram curry
1 small bowl of pan-fried salmon, brown rice and sweet potato
1 tangerine
4 dates

Dinner:
1 bowl of Sichuan shrimp with veggies, dou-fu, pan-fried shrimp, brown rice with sweet potato
1 small piece of pie
2 small scoops of ice cream

No comments: