Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another easy day

Last night I had digestion issues and as a result not a great sleep. I got up at 5:45am and weighed in at 182 3/4 lb an increase of 2 1/4 lbs. This is no surprise as the very large portion of Chinese Braised Pork I had with dinner last night was both very salty and sweet. This was the 1st heavy meat dish I have had in almost a month and I'm not used to it since switching to an Indian Ayurvedic vegetarian cuisine. As a result, next time a heavy meat dish is prepared for me, I will only take a much smaller portion.

GD (Greg Donahue) GTG Pull up Program:
Day 6: 1 set of 2 neutral pull ups (6,1,2)

A little better tension today .. both pull-ups were solid.

Oh, and both elbows are feeling good again. I am going to really challenge myself today with another rest day! With the 2 pull-ups out of the way, I will only do easy joint mobility, Z and Qi. And please believe me when I say this is a real challenge for my "Type A" personality who tends to over due everything!

With the sounds of birds chirping and a bright sunshine out this morning, spring is finally starting to arrive in what has been a long cold snowy winter here in New England.

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates


One of my fellow co-workers saw me do a wall-walk handstand from the push-up position the other day and asked me to spot him. Background: He just turned 50, is 6'3" and a slightly chunky 240 lb and an avid skier. He was the only in the office here that could close the COC#1 with both hands when it first arrived .. it took me several months of serious training to achieve this .. an accomplishment I very satisfied with considering how bad my grip strength initially was.

Granted that wall assisted handstands are very modest BW exercises, this type of training is very new and challenging to me. With only the mildest assistance he went right up and walked his hands about 8 inches from the wall. I then did one and can get my hands within inches. Staying up for more than 15 seconds is still quite difficult for me. We then did the standard kick up wall handstand so that now we faced away from the wall. This was actually easier for me. My co-worker then took his turn, had some difficulty but eventually got up there.

Morning snack:
4 oz of Kefir
1 small handful of roasted almonds


A few days ago on whim I ordered a power wheel and it just arrived today from performbetter.com ... this place ships faster than any other internet store I have ever done business with. It assembled quite easily and I tried it out. The roll out, hold and return on my knees while holding the wheel with my hands wasn't too bad .. all the tension I had learned to produce with KB grinds really helped. I then attached it to my feet and did some hand crawling while in the push-up position .. this was very tough to go just 15 feet. I can see I'm going to really enjoy my new toy.

Lunch:
1.5 bowls of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Gujarati green beans
1 large Naval orange
1 small handful of corn chips

Afternoon snack:
2 small handful of roasted cashews

A co-worker today has unknowingly assisted me with a will training exercise by putting out for public consumption some of the best chocolate chip cookies in this area. Each one is about 200 calories .. I did not have one .. six weeks ago I would have had at least three.

Dinner:
1 bowl of Gujarati green beans with sweet potato and steamed Kale
2 dates
1 piece of strawberry/rhubarb pie
1 scoop of ice cream

Tomorrow its back to a KB training day and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: