Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Recovery day

Tuesday 03/11/2008

I went to bed so early last night I didn't get to publish yesterdays log until today.

Went to bed 12am and dragged myself out of bed at 6:20am. My weight held at 179 3/4 lbs, the diet and nutrition logging is really helping me continue to monitor my portions and eat well.

Yesterday was a volume PR at just under 10 tons and I really feel the tiredness. Following my new program today and tomorrow are rest days.

Superjoints

GD (Greg Donahue) GTG Pull-up Program:
Day 11: 1 set of 2 neutral grip pull-ups (11,1,2)

My tiredness was evident in these. I had to really focus on these unlike yesterday where I just blasted easily up. Also I could really feel the soreness in my upper abdomen from all the Power Wheel and L-sit progression work.

BW 2 x 20 feet out and back Power Wheel crawl

Z-Health R-Phase

I have got to maintain the joint mobility work to be able to stay with this type of intense training without injury. Both the Z and SJ make this a lot easier to stay the course. I did notice today that the left side toe circles were a struggle to really isolate. This might be related to my still stiff left knee.
================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2


Lunch:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
4 oz Kefor
1 bowl of Kitchari with a sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 dates

Afternoon snack:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
1 small handful of roasted cashews

Dinner:
1/2 glass of red wine
1 large Sichuan Lion-head pork-meat ball with veggies
1 bowl of Green Gram Curry with sweet potato and Toor Dal
1 small helping of S.O. prepared Beijing Zha-Zha-Mian
1 scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 large sesame crackers

No comments: