Sunday, March 30, 2008

nice and easy

A decent nights sleep and my quad is MUCH better. Weight: 180 1/4 lbs. Not surprising as I have been increasing the calories lately. I did a lot of hand and thumper massage on quad yesterday and I believe this combined with staying off it really helped. It looks like my tear theory can be chucked .. yeah! I didn't push it but I could go up and down stairs more normally instead of one step at a time.

Although the quad needs more down time and is not completely better, it now no longer masks my stiff left knee. Maybe they are related. Anyway I will be doing lots hand and thumper massage on it as well. My right outer elbow is sore so again ice and massage are in order.

Fighter Pull-up Program Rep Scheme:

BW 8,7,6,6,5 Fighter Push-ups @ 75 seconds rest between rungs

BW 5,4,3,3,2 5RM Fighter Pull-up Program (Day 2) @ varying rest between rungs

I didn't rest enough between the push-ups and pull-ups. As a result, the 1st set of 5 was extremely difficult and I was drained getting the fifth rep out. Not surprisingly, when I tried two minutes later to do my set of 4 I could not complete the last rep. As a result I decided not to complete the sets until much later in the evening when two minutes rest between the rest of the rungs was sufficient.

I started examining some new purchases today:

Z-Health: Neural Warmup 2 (NW2)
Power To The People Book and DVD (PTTP)

The exercises in NW2 are much more dynamic than R-Phase and will require a lot of practice. I spent a lot of time working on the new elbow circles and these are really good. Shoulder circles are completely different and I will really have to study this very carefully.

I watched the PTTP DVD and was impressed. I had already been introduced to irradiation and power breathing from Naked Warrior but there is more detail on this DVD that really will help me. Although after spending a long time on irradiation and power breathing and how it helps increase bicep curls, it finally got into the dead-lift portion which was the main reason for the purchase. It actually seemed a bit rushed so I will have to consult the book to get this down. I have been watching craigslist for a used, inexpensive Olympic barbell set but no luck yet.


===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates

Morning Snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 banana

Lunch:
1 bowl of chicken fried rice
1 small bowl of split pea soup
1 small bowl of Green Gram Curry
1 large naval orange

Afternoon snack:
2 handfuls of roasted almonds

Dinner (out):
1 helping of coos coos with cranberrys
1 helping of Asian chicken cole slaw
1 piece of pizza
1 cranberry roll
1 piece of apple pie
1 scoop of ice cream

Unfortunately this dinner did not agree with me and I still have bloating and gas. Again too much too soon.

No comments: