Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New BW work: Dive Bomber Push-ups

Went to bed 10pm and slept until 6:15am. My weight was 179 5/8 lbs, slightly less than yesterday. The good night's sleep (9 out of 10) was greatly appreciated .. I don't get enough of these. My left knee was a little stiff and both elbows are little sore. I used my Homedics hand-held "thumper" massager and they all felt better.

GD (Greg Donahue) GTG Pull-up Program:
Day 12: 1 set of 2 neutral grip pull-ups (12,1,2)

I felt so good I actually did a 3rd one and quit there. Waited a half hour and then tested chin-ups for a new PR.

BW 1 x 5 Chin-ups (palms facing lifter grip)

I read on DD today about Dave Whitley, Senior RKC, (275 lbs), an extremely strong man, who not being able to do a single pull-up four months ago and then by applying GTG principles, now has recently completed 4RM dead hang pull-ups. The great ones always work on their weaknesses.

Evening BW work:

Super Set x 3 with 10 minutes between sets:
  • 8 Dive Bomber Push-ups
  • 30 sec rest
  • 8 Push-up-stand push-ups

I just learned the Dive Bomber Push-ups from SGT Ken:

Dive-Bomber-Push-up-Instruction

These are considerably tougher than regular push-ups when done just as slowly as demonstrated. Even after a 30 second rest, I could only do 8 push-up-stand push-ups.

I also just read a post DD that Bill Fox does push-up sets wearing a 40lb xvest. Lotsa variations out there to decrease reps per set but increase intensity.

================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates

Morning snack
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
4 oz Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 dates
1 large Naval orange

Afternoon snack:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
1 small handful of roasted cashews

Dinner:
1/2 glass of red wine
1 bowl of Gujarati bean
1 bowl of Green Gram Curry with sweet potato, Sichuan Yu-xiang chicken
1/2 turkey sandwich
1 bowl of corn and sweet potato congee
1 piece pie
1 scoop ice cream

I really pigged out at supper and am paying the consequences with an upset stomach.

No comments: