Monday, March 24, 2008

"non-active" rest

Got up at 4:30am and tried to complete some work before going into work. I weighed 178 1/4 lbs which was a real welcomed surprise considering my yesterday's Easter potluck gluttony. Not having any thing to eat after 4pm probably helped. Today I am fairly sore in my left knee, left shoulder and right elbow. The KB demonstration to the HS kids yesterday was much more intense than I thought and coming the day after a very heavy workout took its toll. Also the temperature here in New England is back in the teens this morning which has a tendency to exacerbates joint soreness. As a result, this is a "non-active" rest day, i.e., I don't do anything but ice, massage and joint mobility.

Joint Mobility:
SuperJoints

That's it .. not even a single Pull-up! Wow! that was a stretch .. I just glued a gold star to my forehead.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
4 oz Kefir
2 dates

Morning Snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
4 oz of Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Gujarati beans, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
4 oz Kefir
1 large naval orange

Afternoon snack:
4 small handfuls of roasted almonds

Dinner:
1 large bowl of Gujarati beans, chicken fried rice and Jin-gu fish fillets
1 large bowl of steamed Kale with sweet potato
1 large sesame crackers
3 handfuls of roasted almonds
1 piece of wild blueberry pie
1 scoop of ice cream

I was really starved this evening and eat to prove it.

3 comments:

Howie B said...

Whew, glad you made it though today's session. Those non-active rest days can be brutal!! =)

Martin Schap said...

That was some session with the 32kg TGUs. The rest is well earned. I just started using a 32kg on Sunday and I will be using it for multiple reps only in my dreams for the time being.

Franklin said...

howie,

Yes, its indeed MENTALLY brutal .. every time I walk by my dear Kay 'Till Belle, all I can hear is

"Please kind sir, pick me up and take me for a whirl?"

Ahhh ... and so curvaceous, but alas I decline the enticing offer knowing that restraint is an essential part of the training cycle.

martin,

Thanks! And so very nice of you to stop by!

I believe your dreams will be quite short lived as they will be replaced by you multi rep-ing that 2 pood-er very soon ... bet on it.