Saturday, March 15, 2008

A very easy day

Last night's sleep was mediocre as I kept waking up several times to pee. I guess this is a consequence of staying hydrated which in turn seems to help control my appetite. I got up at 5:30am and I weighed 179 1/4 lbs .. a new 'over the last 10 years' PR. I love seeing the south-side of 180 lbs.

GD (Greg Donahue) GTG Pull-up Program:
Day 15: 1 set of 3 neutral grip pull-ups (15,1,3)

I started the second two weeks of the program moving up to 3 reps. All three were very solid with a full 1-second dead hang between each. I'm starting to believe!

BW 1 x 5 sec Hanging L-sit
BW 3 x 1 Power Wheel: Roll out, hold 3 secs and return on knees.

Z-Health R-Phase
SuperJoints

Iced my left knee and elbows followed by a treatment with my Homedic Thumper massager.

That's it for today .. a real easy one .. gotta get used to more days like this.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2

Morning Snack:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
4 oz Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl of Gujarati beans, Toor Dal, Green Gram Curry and sweet potato
4 dates
1 large Naval orange

Afternoon snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 Whey protein shake with 4 0z of Kefir
1 large sesame cracker

Dinner:
1 bowl of Gujarati beans with Toor Dal and sweet potato
1 piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
1 scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 large sesame crackers

Back to a regular dinner. The sesame cracker finisher really did the trick as I feel very satisfied but not stuffed.

2 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Always hydrate, is motto of just about any RKC veteran instructors. Keep it up.

Franklin said...

Thanks for the support, Taikei. I bought about 10 different kinds of "Tinkerbell" (herbal) teas so I can keep drinking a night without any caffeine keeping me up.