Monday, March 31, 2008

Down time and Re-evalution

A mediocre nights sleep. I woke up several times with my right elbow very sore. Weight: 180 1/4 lbs. Good time to reassess negative patterns of behavior and movement. Interesting that even ice therapy made the elbow hurt more. My thumper message and various joint mobility drills provided only fleeting minimal relief on my elbow.

1) All strength training is on hold until I can strengthen my left knee and quad, left shoulder and right elbow.
2) So far all of the Joint Mobility stuff I've experimented with, only my naive application of Z-Health R-Phase has consistently produced some relief.
3) I have been training on the edge and the ledge just caved in again. I had a good program my 2nd cycle but I messed with it and started too much "active rest" when I should have been just resting.
4) I just made an appointment with an R,I,C and S certified Z-Health practitioner. Previously I just tried to learn from the DVDs .. now I need the experts.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates

Morning Snack:
3 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 banana

Lunch:
1 Kitchari, Toor Dal, Green Gram Curry, Gujarati beans and sweet potato
1 tangerine

Afternoon snack:
10 handfuls of roasted almonds
(out of control here)

Dinner (out):
4 dates
1 large helping white rice with Shrimp and veggies
1 piece of apple pie
2 scoops of ice cream
4 mint chocolate chip cookies

I ran all my old numbers today feeling sorry for myself. Throughout the day I tried to "medicate" myself with pleasure foods. I WILL turn this BS around.

3 comments:

Howie B said...

Dude, you have been training like a madman. I would have thought you had a competition you were training for. The kettlebell road is a long one, no need to race up ahead. Ease back, get healthy and take your time. Enjoy the stroll without the rush.

Martin Schap said...

I will be cheering for you to make a full recovery and come back even stronger. You have a good plan, now all you need to do is see it through. I know (all too well) what it's like to be on the injured list. Take care of yourself and this will be just a speedbump for you.

Franklin said...

@howie,

Yes, I have been training like a madman AND LOVING IT! But a little too much too soon. This is a minor setback but a great time to reflect on all the positive things that have happened over these two months.

In particular your support and encouragement have played an large part in helping to create positive environment for me to succeed in .. for this I am extremely grateful to you for. And you sir will become an RKC this August and we BOTH know it!

@martin,

We will be cheering each other on Bro! As they say, its not how many times you fall down thats important but how many times you get up is. A 500 lb DL and other great things are in store for you sir .. thanks ever so much for your kind words.