Friday, March 14, 2008

TGU's and BW work today

I woke up feeling well rested on 6 hours of sound sleep (8 out of 10 on the sleep scale). My weight increased a little over a 1/2 lb to 180 5/8 lbs. The two large dinners the last two days are probably responsible for it. No problem .. will cut back today. Today is the 1st of 2 consecutive active rest days .. nothing real heavy, mostly BW GTG stuff.

BW 1 x 6 sec Hanging L-sit

My upper abs are no longer super-sore so the hanging L-sit wasn't bad.

GD (Greg Donahue) GTG Pull-up Program:
Day 14: 1 set of 2 neutral grip pull-ups (14,1,2)

Yes! I made it through the 1st two weeks of the program. This lesson has been really drilled into me: Finish a program to completion and only then evaluate its results. Tomorrow I move to one set of 3 reps for another 2 weeks .. really looking forward to it.

I rested and then tested my dead hang chin-up (palm's facing lifter grip). I made sure there was absolutely no kipping motion of any kind.

BW 5 Dead hang chin-ups

The Power Wheel has become one of my favorite new toys:

BW 1 x 40ft out /40ft back Power Wheel crawl
BW 3 x 1 Power Wheel Roll out, hold and return on knees.

The Power Wheel crawl is the reason I bought this device. It really works the abs, shoulders, obliques and stabilizers .. and its real fun too!

24kg 5 x 3r/3l TGUs with one minute rest between arms .. new PR

Again on the TGU's I never put the bell down during the 3 reps per arm. My right arm averaged between 48 and 52 seconds, my left around 55 secs. Given my history of left shoulder separation and elbow tendinitis in both arms, this is such a tremendous re-hab, pre-hab exercise to help prepare me for when I can return to grinds.


===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2

Morning Snack:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
1 small handful of roasted cashews
4 oz Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl of Gujarati beans, Toor Dal, Green Gram Curry and sweet potato
4 dates
1 large Naval orange

Afternoon snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
2 small handfuls of roasted cashews

Dinner:
1 large Lion's head pork meatball with steamed veggies
1 bowl of Gujarati beans with sweet potato
1 small handful of roasted almonds
1 piece of wild blueberry pie
1 scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 small sesame crackers

This is smaller than the last two day's dinners but still good amount. Its now been over two months since switching eating life styles and I love the food and weight results. I know nobody reads this diet and nutrition section , but that's fine because it still makes me feel so much more accountable when I make it public.

No comments: