Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A progression towards a double 2 pood clean

An average 6 out 10 for sleep last night. I got up at 6:20am but didn't feel too rested. I did however weigh in at 177 5/8 lbs a new PR .. my 80kg goal is getting real close!

The DD S&C forum led me to a Mike Mahler article on some progressions for double cleaning a pair bulldogs. Scaling this to my level, I cannot double clean a pair of 32's yet. However this morning I was able to perform, as recommended in the article, a few two-count alternating cleans (this is what Steve Cotter calls them on his Enc of KB Lifting). Here's a description:

After picking up both bells in a swing start position, one of the bells is cleaned while hanging onto to the other for the 1st count. The cleaned bell is then lowered for the 2nd count. This is then repeated on the other side.

Another point for me to work on is to elevate the height of my double 32's swings .. right now they are half way between my knees and chest so there's considerable room for improvement.

Double 32kgs 2/2 two-count alternating cleans

BW 2 x 4 Dead-hang neutral grip pull-ups

These were no problem .. the improvement over the last three weeks is clear proof to me again that Pavel's methods are superb.

SuperJoints

24kg TGU 2 x 4/4 one minute rest between arms
24kg TGU 3 x 3/3 one minute rest between arms

This is a new volume PR for TGUs at 17 each side with the 1.5 pood.

Z-Health R-Phase

My left shoulder was a little sore most of the day. Since doing the TGUs and the Z, it feels much better.

Today was pretty light as tomorrow is a heavy day.
===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with a little sweet potato and Toor Dal
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2

Morning Snack:
1 bowl of Green Gram Curry
1 Whey protein shake with 4 oz of Kefir

Lunch at the Indian Palace:
1 plate from the buffet of vegetables and currys
1 small helping of Keir
1 honey tangerine

Afternoon snack:
4 small handfuls of roasted almonds
3 small handfuls of roasted cashews

Dinner:
1 bowl of Gujarati green beans with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
1 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
1 scoop of coffee ice cream
2 large sesame crackers

1 comment:

Taikei Matsushita said...

I remember doing two 32kg cleans when I got them.
I have ugly memories such as strained forearms and practicing those in a park dark at night screaming. I believe that was 2 years ago, yet cleaning those 32kgs are still ugly.