Tuesday, April 1, 2008

lotsa Z

A decent nights sleep. Weight: 180 1/4 lbs. My left knee seizes up when I try and bend it past 110 deg. Right elbow sore but a little better than yesterday. If I lock it out and then try to extend my fingers backwards it hurts the most. Making a fist locked out really hurt yesterday but not as much today. Today I will focus on my Z-Health R-Phase in preparation for tomorrow's evaluation.

Z-Health R-Phase

I tried to focus on each rep to make it perfect. I decided to do some self-evaluation and came up with the following areas in need of improvement:
  • Inside toe pulls both with right in need of more work
  • Ankle circles with toes pulled up and out
  • Ankle circles with toes pulled up and in
  • Maintaining balance during left hip circles
  • Left arm side shoulder circles

I've been doing R-Phase fairly consistently for 6 months. Its very easy for me to sleep walk through these movements if I don't really concentrate.

Z-Health Neural Warmup Level 2

This stuff is really advanced. I spent over an hour again just going through the demonstration of each dynamic joint mobility exercise. This is easily a years work to get these movements fluid and precise but definitely a worthy goal.

Finally, the encouragement and support I received from Howie and Martin are so greatly appreciated .. it really help kick me into a much more positive space.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 banana

Morning Snack:
4 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 tangerine

Lunch:
1 bowl Gujarati beans, brown rice, Green Gram Curry, sweet potato, Toor Dal

Afternoon snack:
8 handfuls of roasted almonds
4 oz of Kefir
1 large sesame cracker
4 dates

Dinner:
1 bowl of chicken fried rice
1 bowl of Gujarati beans with brown rice and sweet potato
1/2 turkey sandwich on pumpernickel
1 piece of apple pie
1 scoop of ice cream
1 mint chocolate chip cookies
1 elephant ear
2 handfuls of roasted almonds

The increase in appetite is duly noted and is temporary thing. With my mind now being able to focus on Z, I can redirect my cravings on Z.

2 comments:

Gabi said...

Franklin,

concentrating on Z is definitely the best thing you can do now... Injuries are such a nuisance, for me they are often a bigger burden psychologically than physically and I'm sometimes tempted to rush things, which of course makes it worse and not better. Your approach of sorting out what you can and what you can't do and focusing on the former while allowing yourself to heal is the only really smart one I can think of.

I so wish for you to get better soon.

Franklin said...

Hi Gabi, thanks for support. I know that Z is the right way for me to proceed at this time .. and I will return to KB training with a much better base.