Monday, April 14, 2008

another work place KB demonstration

A decent nights sleep and up earlier to get back into the office groove after having taken Thu and Fri off. Weight:176 3/4 lbs .. less than a pound from my 80kg BW goal.

The intent today was to do a high volume snatch workout but instead I opted to so some demonstration at work. One of my co-workers plays cricket in an adult intramural league and wants to get in better shape and asked about KBs. Another one of my co-workers, who I got into KB training back in Oct (now both his kids are into it), brought in his new Muscledriver 2 pood .. I brought my Muscledriver 1 pood and my Lifeline 2 pood.

(Muscledriver has recently lowered its prices to be competitive with Lifeline and Performbetter .. their bells are definitely higher quality than the later two and I would have bought them instead if the discount was available at the time I bought from the other vendors. Also, just to fess up here, although I love the dragondoor books and DVD products, I have yet to purchase one of their KBs. )

During our lunch break, I demonstrated swings/TGUs and assisting the new guy with them (who did very well for 1st time exposure). I then provided the more experienced guy with improvements to his swing technique as he recently started swinging his 2 pood. After working with each of them, they both asked to see some of my more recent progress. I obliged:

32kg 2 x 1 bent press on right
32kg 2 x 5 snatch on right
32kg 1 x 1 snatch on left
32kg 1 x 3/3 jerks
32kg 1 x 10/10 1-hand swing
2x32kg 2 x 10 double swings
2x32kg 1 x 5 double clean

I seem to perform well in front of an audience as this went smoothly. The 2nd bent press was much easier than any I had done previously, so it looks like I'm starting to get a good groove with it. Also double cleans are getting less ugly. During the rest of the day, I did Z drills to stay loose.

The new guy was so psyched from his taste of hard-core resistance training, he went on-line and purchased a 16kg and a 24kg .. here is always room available at the Party for a new victum.

When I got home from work in the evening, my body realized that my "demo" was plenty of training for the day. I was also quite satisfied that now three of my co-workers have started KB training.

===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 banana

Morning Snack:
1 small handful of roasted almonds
4 oz Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl of roasted veggies, u-waved sweet potato and Green Gram Curry
1 large orange

Afternoon snack:
6 dates
2 small handful of roasted almonds

Dinner:
1 bowl of Cilantro pan-fried salmon and Sichuan Shrimp with Veggies
1 small bowl of Kitchari
1 small piece of pie
1 scoop of ice cream
2 small butter cookies

4 comments:

Howie B said...

Great demo'ing. I too give regular demonstrations at work. So far I have 7 folks who have ordered a kettlebells now. And might still have a few more converts in the wings. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

And you seem to be manhandling the 32kg now!! Way to go!

Franklin said...

Howie,

Thanks bro! Since going heavy with the 32kg, the 24kg feels much lighter. Its both increase in strength and a psychological boost.

Martin Schap said...

You are quite the KB proselytizer. I fully expect to see a post on here where you are lugging your bells door to door in your neighborhood to sell people on the benefits.
Set-up looks good. I am glad you found a good DL style. Looking forward to seeing your progress in that lift.

Martin Schap said...

Franklin
Check my blog and let me know if I have answered your question.