Wednesday, April 30, 2008

more post 32kg snatch recovery

A very good nights sleep. Weight: 178 lbs. Now I am REALLY concerned! Today I noticed at lunch that I have been eating until feeling stuffed. This is a bad habit I have encountered before and will nip it in the bud.

This morning I woke up feeling much better. My upper back was still sore but no longer stiff. Both elbows were only slightly sore. As I had planned, I took a 2nd day off with lots of Z drills. This is my taper week so I intended on tapering. For me this means lots of extra rest training as I have finally learned through the school of hard knocks.

Z-Health R-Phase and Neural Warm-up Level 2

I was pleased to see Dr. Cobb, the founder of the Z-Health system, post a great article here on the role of eye focus points for optimal neurological impact on dead-lifting and swings. Tomorrow I will try both of the suggested techniques.

===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 banana


Morning Snack:
3 small handfuls of roasted almonds

Lunch:
1 bowl of brown rice with sweet potato and Sichuan chicken with dried chilis
1 small additional bowl of brown rice with sweet potato
1 tangerine
2 dates
1 large piece of french bread

Afternoon Snack:
Nada ..

Dinner:
1 small helping of veggie fried rice and pan-fried steel trout
1 small piece of pie
1 small scoop of ice cream
1 small handful of roasted almonds

I tuned into cause of my recent weight gain from the large lunches I had recently been consuming. I am a big believer in "eating makes you hungry" and stuffing oneself sets off a pattern of more stuffing. To address it, I brushed my teeth after my large lunch and passed on all snacks. My dinner was very modest and that was it for the evening.

3 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Dude. You are gaining muscle. Heavy weights for volume packs on weight. If you need to keep your weight down, you gotta cut back on the hardcore lifting sessions. Your body will MAKE you eat more if it needs the nutrients.

You already made your weight goal, but now your strength gains are pulling you in a new direction. Your new plateau may need to be upwards of 185 to support your formidable output.

Martin Schap said...

I read that article with interest. Agree with Aaaron that your recent gains may well be muscle. Find a place to do a BF test and schedule one periodically. Here in my hometown you can get it done at the YMCA for pretty cheap. Beyond that, pay attention to the fit of your clothes, etc. Also, you may want to borrow a page from Colin and take a lot of tape measurements from time to time.

Howie B said...

Nice going Franklin. Remember, you can't grow if you don't rest. Curious to find out what is going on over there this evening though...