Sunday, April 6, 2008

Trying out my new Chuck Taylors

Two good nights sleep in a row. Weight: 180 1/4 lbs. My knee felt great and both elbows were just a little sore.

I went to the gym to try dead-lifts with my new Chuck Taylors. I carefully reviewed the material in PTTP:

135 lbs 3 x 1, 185 lbs 3 x 1, 205 1 x 1, 225 no-go

I'll take the 10 lb PR. For some reason to get the weight moving I have to use my lower back .. nothing happens if I try to jump up slowly as discussed in PTP. I don't feel anything else. Once the weight starts then its very easy to lock out.

As a result, I am going to go back to the more conservative approach and really work on my form with the lower weight and build up very slowly per the cycles discussed in PTP. I used the over and under grip with my right the under one. In between every rep I performed various R-Phase drills.

Afterwards, my right elbow was pretty sore so I called it a day. I did go back and re-read PTP and perhaps my head wasn't looking upwards. It calls for pulling with your legs, not back. Like anything worth while this will take time.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
4 dates
1 banana

Morning Snack:
2 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 Whey protein shake with 4 oz of Kefir

Lunch (Indian Buffet):
2 plates of assorted Indian food: Pecora, Tikki Masala Chicken, Chana Dal, Spinach Paneer
1 dish of Mango ice cream
1 small bowl of Kier

Afternoon snack:
2 Indian rice balls

Dinner:
1 small helping of cilanto and pan fried salmon
1 piece of pie
1 scoops of ice cream

No comments: