Friday, April 4, 2008

a nice easy day

I stayed up too late last night going gung-ho on my Z drills. I had to get up early for work and was tired all day. Weight 179 3/4 lbs. Been eating more lately but my weight has been pretty constant since gaining a couple of pounds.

My right elbow was a little sore and the left knee not quite as flexible as yesterday. No surprise considering the crappy too-short sleep last night. As soon as I did a full R-Phase morning session, I felt better. What used to take 20 minutes now takes 45 due to the focus on every rep being slow and perfect.

No strength training for me of any kind today as I want a full days rest before I attempt an easy KB session tomorrow.

I did another R-Phase session this early this evening so I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight.


===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 banana

Morning Snack:
6 small handfuls of roasted almonds
4 oz of Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl Gujarati beans, brown rice, Green Gram Curry, sweet potato, Toor Dal
1 large orange

Afternoon snack:
2 handfuls of roasted almonds
1 Fuji apple
4 dates

Dinner:
1/2 glass of red wine
1 large bowl of Chinese Ma-po Dou-fu (tofu dish) with brown rice
1 piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
1 scoop of ice cream
2 mint chocolate chip cookies

My S.O., who is from mainland China, has changed her cooking style to accommodate our healthier eating style. As a result, she has cut way back on the oil and salt and now uses much more steamed veggies in her dishes. The new Ma-po Dou-fu is to die for. Fortunately I have a large and small bowl I use to measure all my portions to keep things under control. After dinner I went right upstairs and performed my oral hygiene. After this I NEVER eat or drink anything for the rest of the night. This has been key to maintaining my weight. This and not drinking calories are so simple and so effective for weight control.

No comments: