Wednesday, April 30, 2008

trapped! .. in a company meeting

Tuesday April 29, 2008

If ever I earned a rest training day today is it. Weight: 177 3/8 lb. Still climbing north .. not overly concerned yet. In bed by 11pm and up at 6am. Woke up sore many times throughout the evening but always managed to get back to sleep. Some folks have questioned as to why I post details about sleep. The reason is I monitor it very carefully as it has great impact on my training and overall mental health.

A lot of muscle soreness on both sides of my upper back. Rotating in either direction or reaching up causes the most discomfort. My right elbow is sore but its been a lot worse.

Z-Health Neural Warm-up Level 2

This helped somewhat and I continued to perform lots of extra joint mobility drills throughout the day. In the evening I was really stiff and decided an early nights rest was the best option so off to bed I went at 9:30pm. I was very pleased that once again I was able to pass on the Ibuprofen .. my previous DOMS drug treatment of choice.

===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 banana


Morning Snack:
4 oz Kefir
2 dates

Lunch:
1 bowl of brown rice with sweet potato
1 bowl of veggie fried rice
1 tangerine
4 dates

Afternoon Snack:
5 small handfuls of roasted almonds

Dinner:
20 white flour crackers
8 large pieces of French bread
8 slices of various hard cheeses
3 large strawberries
2.5 glasses of wine

Another Dinner:
1 small helping of pan-fried steel trout
2 small scoops of ice cream

The garbage white cracker, French bread and cheese were consumed while being held captive at work for a 3 hour marathon session with one the of top directors. It lasted from 3:30 to 6:30 pm. I normally eat around 5:30 pm and was starved. Unfortunately I caved in and ate all the junk greedily. When I got home I felt I had to eat something healthy so I had the trout and some unnecessary ice cream to medicate myself. I knew I would pay for this on the scale the next day.

No comments: