Saturday, April 26, 2008

rest training

A nice 8 hours of sound sleep. Weight: 176.25 lb. Just a little over 80kg. No problem, just a small adjustment to get back under 176. Right elbow just a tad sore. Today is a full rest training day.

Dynamic Joint Mobility: Z-Health Neural Warm-up Level 2

I spent the good part of this morning slowly going over these relatively new movements. They are quite a bit more demanding to perform smoothly, and accurately with synchronized breathing. I'm looking forward to my next Z-consult with Luis as this will be our main focus.

I picked up something indirectly from the very DD strong poster, faizalenu. He demarcates the attributes of a group of identical sets as follows:

(Weight) x (Number of sets) x (reps per set)

Here is an example applied to a portion of my dead-lifting the other night (lbs):

DL:
225 x 2 x 1
225 x 1 x 2


The first is two single dead-lifts with 225; the second is one set of a double with 225. I don't know if this is standard but I really like this representation and will start to use it consistently in my posts.

I made it up to UMass, Amhurst and spent the sunny beautiful day with my daughter:

BW x 10 x 1 hours of walking, talking, eating, drinking and relaxing

===================================================================

Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
2 dates
1 tangerine


Morning Snack:
2 handfulls of roasted almonds
1 handful of dried cranberries
2 mouths fulls of pan fried salmon

Lunch:
1 large bowl of sesame peanut noodles
1 small bowl of veggie fried rice

Afternoon snack:
1 huge chocolate almond claw
2 large bites of a cheesecake chocolate brownie

Dinner:
1 medium sized fruit smoothie
2 dates

2 comments:

Howie B said...

Those 10 hours of BW work are PURE quality hours!!

Franklin said...

Thanks so much Howie!

When I started looking at resting as a type of training, it started to make more sense. And because of my competitive nature, yesterday was actually a PR!