Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pull-ups, Power Wheel and Chuck Taylors

A good nights sleep to welcome the day. Weight: 179 3/8 lbs. Both elbows a little sore with the right more tender. Another rainy cool day.

Z-Health R-Phase

This now takes 45 mins. I had recorded the audio from the DVD and used it for months after memorizing the drills, but now its too fast (about 20 mins). I started to get used to looking left with my head facing straight.

More Z-Health R-Phase

This time I focused specifically on a few drills from my consult to deal with some of my specific weaknesses.

When the sun finally came out around 2pm this afternoon, my earlier soreness all but dissipated. Although yesterday I had planned a KB session, instead I went conservative with a shorter BW workout:

Fighter Neutral Grip Pull-ups: 4,2,2,1,2,2,1,2,1

Between each rung I did a few minutes of R-Phase drills. The 1st set was a max effort so I have dropped down to 4RM from my 5RM of a week ago. No biggie as all the rest this week since re-tweaking my elbows and left knee was the top priority. I then followed a suggestion by Aaron Friday to do explosive 1 and 2 rep sets. Up until the last double and singe rep sets, I was getting my chest to the bar.

Power Wheel On the knees roll-outs, 3 sec hold and back: 10,9,8,7,4

The largest set I had ever done was 6 reps. Again, a few minutes of Z between rungs. My plan was to do 6 reps for the last set but I was spent after rep 4. This was also the 1st time I didn't cramp on the left side of my upper abs.

I was genuinely surprised at how great I felt from such a short workout. I finished with more Z and went out to dinner.

We stopped at Marshall's and I was surprised to find a pair of size 11 Converse Chuck Taylors. This is the 1st pair I have owned for over 40 years. I can see why they have been recommended for training KBs and DLs. They were only $20 about 1/2 price from ordering on-line.

===================================================================
Diet and Nutrition Log

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Kitchari with sweet potato, Toor Dal and Green Gram Curry
2 cups of coffee with tbs of 1/2 and 1/2
4 dates
1 banana

Morning Snack:
6 small handfuls of roasted almonds
1 Whey protein shake with 4 oz of Kefir

Lunch:
1 bowl Mo-po Dou-fu
1 small helping of Green Gram Curry with sweet potato
1 large orange

Afternoon snack:
2 handfuls of roasted almonds
4 oz Kefir

Dinner (out):
1 large helping of Sichuan Siji dou green beans
1 large helping of Sichuan spicy pork and spicy chicken
1 small bowl of white rice
1 piece of pie
3 scoops of ice cream
4 mint chocolate chip cookies

2 comments:

Howie B said...

$20 for a pair of Chuck's? Great deal. For that, I'd get a second or third pair! Don't those short workouts feel great? After all the intense sessions it's nice to throw in some that are short and sweet.

Franklin said...

Your right Howie, the short sessions are to be treated with great respect for honoring the body's need for recovery. Sometimes less is more in the long run.